Clam Abuse riff re-used on SG5 album?

Everything else musical of Wildhearts and erstwildhearts origin.

Clam Abuse riff re-used on SG5 album?

Postby seventieslord » 5th Sep 07, 07:22

Right around 3:00 in "There's Always Someone More F***ed Up Than You" there is what I think is the exact riff later used in "Girls Are Better Than Boys" - am I right? Never mind that question, I am sure I'm right... but who else has noticed before?

(bleeped out the swear so I could read this thread later at work... stupid filter!)
seventieslord

Postby zachary_storm » 8th Jan 08, 21:51

Aye! I Got That!!

Had To Go Back & Double Check But Yes That Is The Same Riff As In "Girls Are Better Than Boys"! But - Even Though Im Not A Fan - Im Pretty Sure Its Also Used In Every Single Status Quo Song! & Probly Many Other Standard 12 Bar Blues Song! HaHa!!
"ONLY THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO ROCK KNOW WHEN TO ROLL!!!"
zachary_storm

Postby seventieslord » 12th Mar 08, 05:18

zachary_storm wrote:Aye! I Got That!!

Had To Go Back & Double Check But Yes That Is The Same Riff As In "Girls Are Better Than Boys"! But - Even Though Im Not A Fan - Im Pretty Sure Its Also Used In Every Single Status Quo Song! & Probly Many Other Standard 12 Bar Blues Song! HaHa!!

LOL - thanks for the reply! It only took 8 months for someone to say something... and three more for me to notice!
seventieslord

Postby Soundog » 12th Mar 08, 14:53

As far as I can remember the GABTB riff was mostly classed as being a Nutbush City Limits rip off back when BLM came out. And why not - if you do copy, copy the best.

seventieslord wrote:It only took 8 months for someone to say something... and three more for me to notice!

Erm... 4 and 2? Come on, it wasn't *that* slow! :lol:
Soundog

Postby zachary_storm » 13th Mar 08, 23:55

haha! aye... was a rather new addition to the board then... haha!

but yeh... dunno what else i was gonna say..!

hmmm... :?
"ONLY THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO ROCK KNOW WHEN TO ROLL!!!"
zachary_storm

Postby VladDracii » 1st Aug 08, 01:48

To be fair, that's a fairly common blues'esque sort of riff

Like The Darkness's 'Givin' Up'
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Re: Clam Abuse riff re-used on SG5 album?

Postby VladDracii » 1st Aug 08, 02:09

seventieslord wrote:Right around 3:00 in "There's Always Someone More F***ed Up Than You" there is what I think is the exact riff later used in "Girls Are Better Than Boys" - am I right? Never mind that question, I am sure I'm right... but who else has noticed before?

(bleeped out the swear so I could read this thread later at work... stupid filter!)

To be fair, that's a fairly common blues'esque sort of riff

Like The Darkness's 'Givin' Up'

...another awesome song xD
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Return to Other Wildhearts Related Bands