Two questions, for those in the know

Everything else musical of Wildhearts and erstwildhearts origin.

Two questions, for those in the know

Postby seventieslord » 19th Sep 09, 21:22

- What came first: SS666's "Star War Jr." or BYB's "Star War"?

- The song "Star", covered by SG5 on the bonus disc of the UK BLM, who is the original artist?
seventieslord

Postby Sarc » 19th Sep 09, 21:26

The backyard babies version came first and the answer to the second track is Conny Bloom who was the guitarist in the sonic circus.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby seventieslord » 19th Sep 09, 23:11

Thanks Sarc.

And what release would I find this "Star" track on?
seventieslord

Postby seventieslord » 19th Sep 09, 23:26

Oh, never mind... I just found out it is on "Psychonaut"... which is apparently wuite difficult to find. Does anyone have this track?
seventieslord

Postby vickyp » 20th Sep 09, 15:45

I've only got the SG5 version, Psychonaut being as you say quite hard to get hold of.
Got one of Conny's other albums though and that was worthwhile. (Can't remember the title off the top of my head and I'm feeling too rough to be bothered to go downstairs and check so I'm afraid you'll just have the take that as a general thumbs up).
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby idiottoast » 22nd Sep 09, 21:43

The Super$hit 666 version was released in 1999,and the backyard babies version was on thier "making enemies is good" album which was released in 2001.On the SS-666 c.d. sleeve it says all songs by SS-666,except "crank it up" by The Rods,BUT on "making enemies is good" it credits the song to the Backyard Babies.I have a copy of "Psychonaut",but it is only a burnt copy on a cdr.
idiottoast

Postby cjrodwell » 24th Sep 09, 05:50

If I remember correctly Star War was originally written by Dregen for an EP The Hellacopters were planning to put out where each band memeber was going to write and sing on one track. The EP didn't happpen and it was such a good song Dregen used it for SS666 and then again on Making Enemies is good as he felt it deserved more exposure.

Psychonaut is a cracking album and wll worth tracking down, Last Mistake and Eyes On U (feat Dregen) are my personal faves. Speaking Of Conny related music The Electric Boys song Freewheelin' on the remastered album of the same name really reminds me of SG5 and would sit alongside WLAMF or Last Bastard nicely.
cjrodwell

Postby idiottoast » 25th Sep 09, 03:29

I remember something like that,except that the hellacopters were going to each release a single,like KISS,and i thought dregans song was was gonna be (the totally fucking amazing) "cant find the door".It did`nt happen tho,like you say,and the song ended up on the "look at you" c.d. and 7".
idiottoast

Return to Other Wildhearts Related Bands