American-British cultural differences - FYI

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Postby Sarc » 7th Mar 08, 11:38

I believe it's spelt outta

PEDANTS REVOLT AGAIN MWAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby shockingcandy » 7th Mar 08, 11:58

Sarc wrote:I believe it's spelt outta

Damn you and your modern dictionary devices ;)

Seriously, this thread is way to heavy for me (dicky back you see!).
shockingcandy

Postby Sarc » 7th Mar 08, 12:03

shockingcandy wrote:
Sarc wrote:I believe it's spelt outta

Damn you and your modern dictionary devices ;)

Seriously, this thread is way to heavy for me (dicky back you see!).

Dictionary devices? you mean having the ability to spell correctly? hehehee

Y'right it is to heavy, I got bored halfway through the first post and went for a wander.

Sarc

Postby Col » 7th Mar 08, 20:49

Monica

You make some very valid points but there is one glaring error.

It's MATHS, not MATH.
Col

Postby Sarc » 7th Mar 08, 21:20

Col wrote:Monica

You make some very valid points but there is one glaring error.

It's MATHS, not MATH.

Peasant! it is infact mathematics, honestly what would Mater and Pater think of you using such street language.

Sarc

Postby Col » 7th Mar 08, 21:28

Nope, it's maths innit.
Col

Postby Sarc » 7th Mar 08, 21:38

Col wrote:Nope, it's maths innit.

INNIT?????

CHAV ALERT CHAV ALERT CHAV ALERT, WE'VE GOT THE BUGGER HE'S HERE

Sarc

Postby SteveP » 7th Mar 08, 23:33

They shorten it to Math in the States, don'cha know
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Sarc » 7th Mar 08, 23:53

SteveP wrote:

They shorten it to Math in the States, don'cha know

Yeah maybe so but the 'merkin spent millions of dollars on coming up with a pen that can write upside down in space and the russians just used a pencil, so who are you more likely to listen to :P :P :P :P

Sarc

Postby Monica_ICE » 8th Mar 08, 01:23

Hi guys!

Over here it is "math". We have fewer dialects here. :wink: As for space, well, I can talk all day about that! I wasn't kidding about working in it. :D I wrote a theoretical exploration piece on Martian planetary geology that was supposed to be published a few years ago. There was a problem at the publisher and I got missed, but they still have the full report and Mars MGS photos I used with it. :D :D :D Space. 8) Who am I more likely to listen to? Honestly, I hafta say "Burt Rutan". ESA's good, too. :lol:
Monica_ICE

Postby Sarc » 8th Mar 08, 19:36

Come back Mikey Wade all is forgotten

Sarc

Postby SteveP » 13th Mar 08, 14:16

Seems a magazine called Blender agrees with what's been said on this topic!!!

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/58400153

Oh, and Geffen gets a mention for the oft mentioned, never seen Chinese Democracy album!!
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby nig1012 » 13th Mar 08, 19:23

Monica_ICE wrote:Hi guys!

Over here it is "math". We have fewer dialects here. :wink: As for space, well, I can talk all day about that! I wasn't kidding about working in it. :D I wrote a theoretical exploration piece on Martian planetary geology that was supposed to be published a few years ago. There was a problem at the publisher and I got missed, but they still have the full report and Mars MGS photos I used with it. :D :D :D Space. 8) Who am I more likely to listen to? Honestly, I hafta say "Burt Rutan". ESA's good, too. :lol:

whats a matter mon? got sore fingers or sommat. thats the shortest post you've written :lol:

whispers "wonder if she's married? if she is bet her poor hubby can't get a word in edgeways" :cry:
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Postby seventieslord » 13th Mar 08, 20:53

I can't reply directly to that post because of a few swears and I'm at work. But I just wanted to say that the thing about UK CD prices is 100% correct. They are brutal. They cost as many pounds as they cost dollars over here. Do they cost twice as much to make over there? Highly improbable. They've jsut got you conditioned to accept that as a reasonable price.

By the way, this is my favourite thread at any board I've ever been on. Keep up the good work, Monica.
seventieslord

Postby Monica_ICE » 14th Mar 08, 05:07

seventieslord wrote:By the way, this is my favourite thread at any board I've ever been on. Keep up the good work, Monica.

Thanks! Sorry I've been gone a few days. No sore fingers; I actually am very concise in my writings (unlike Ginger, I see :roll: ). You'll notice my sentances are pointed -- just like my fingernails!!!! Too much work to post a photo.

It was in the music executives' plans all along to overcharge for physical media over there because of your culture. It's the same idea that other industry, like soda pop, market their lies and shit goods to other countries when we Americans don't fall for it. That's a big business pattern. What you have in the old mainstream music industry right now (actually past; it's failed) has been attempts at milking the last cash cows called the CD. The players know their game is up even though they pretend it isn't, so they are bribing older, classic acts - rock and pop and probably others - to get back together (LIKE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK) to push their old wares one more time and rip off the core fans who do fall for that stuff. That's why we suddenly have every classic act (thankfull not Zep anymore) getting together and reselling their old songs with additional junk at inflated prices. The old execs are using up their entire sullpies of cooperative oldies, so once they are all used and no money comes in, they're SUNK. The legitimate musicians live in the clubs and on the web. I got an interesting newsletter tonight about what Trent Reznor/NIN is doing now. He's totally in tune with his fans AND THEIR FAVORITE P2P NETWORKS and works with them, selling them what they want - CASHING in on it from his core fanbase. The best thing I can tell you if you're into this is to subscribe to that newsletter - free, now open to the public though still written for the insiders - at http://www.lefsetz.com Bob's an associate of mine (although he may not remember me right off) but he knows what he's talking about. Keep in mind, this is his equivalent of a blog, so it's a free-writing idea, not corporate censorship.

I don't feel like typing much; I'm just checking in with the board. My attendance will be spotty, unlike my.... face! :wink:
Monica_ICE

PreviousNext

Return to The Cloakroom