The*Ga*Ga*s

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

The*Ga*Ga*s

Postby riff-after-riff » 15th Feb 06, 11:26

Any fans of the ga-ga's here? if not, pick up the album, TONIGHT THE MIDWAY SHINES, and i promise you won't be dissapointed. they made life worth living in between the wildhearts and the sonic circus. new album on the way. canna wait man. if you dont know them, the bass player is toshi formally of anti product, he also played for the wildhearts for 1 gig wen danny didnt turn up. he knew all the songs after playing in a japanese tribute band (for the wildhearts) that man is living the dream!!!!!!
riff-after-riff

Postby benwalton » 16th Feb 06, 22:11

yeah im a fan. whats your fave on the album? did you catch the special on scuzz?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Col » 16th Feb 06, 22:27

Just dloaded Replica, sounds promising. I'm getting a bit of Faith No more in there.
Col

Postby Hannah » 17th Feb 06, 10:13

Yeah, I picked it up a few months back for the Toshi connection, and I really liked it. Crash and Burn is probably my favourite track.

Are they any good live?

xx
Hannah

Postby Aj » 17th Feb 06, 10:53

They're great live, i've seen them about 5ish times. Well worth checking out.

Aj
xx
Aj

Postby Gimpston » 17th Feb 06, 12:13

The Ga Ga's are awesome, I saw them supported by Zen Motel who were also really cool. Both are very underrated in my opinion. Some of the tracks on the album are blinders, I'm really liking Left of the Centre at the moment
Love You (Til' I Don't)

GIMPSTON x X x
Gimpston

Postby Chris Davies » 17th Feb 06, 17:56

yeah saw the ga ga's with the wildhearts at the tj's they were pretty good , the album is great aswell
Chris Davies

Postby riff-after-riff » 17th Feb 06, 21:28

they are amazing live, seen them twice, 1st time was at a pub in derby, called the victoria inn, performing to about 15 ppl, then chatted to them for about 2hrs b4 and after the gig. its the most energy ive felt coming from a single man (tommy), going 2 see them agen on 27th feb in manchester, can't wait.
p.s tasty dave (wildhearts:drum tech)roadies with them
riff-after-riff

Postby riff-after-riff » 17th Feb 06, 21:31

Swallow me is my fav track!!!! quality album as a whole. i didnt see the special on scuzz. was it ever actually aired?although a dvd is meant to be on the way soon.
riff-after-riff

Postby wez_wildheart » 18th Feb 06, 10:27

hmmmm wasn't a big fan of the album at all as well as seeing them live with Velvet Revolver.i can't put my finger on it but there's something missing from that band.

although in saying 'Left Of Centre' was such an incredible, beautiful song
wez_wildheart

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 20th Feb 06, 03:54

Col wrote:Just dloaded Replica, sounds promising. I'm getting a bit of Faith No more in there.
I think that's easily the best track on the album - great riff! I've seen them live 3 times and not been that impressed, but I'm going to their forthcoming gig at the Underworld to see the highly rocking Planet Of Women who are first on the bill - then hotfooting it down the road to see ex-Wildheart Jef Streatfield rock the Purple Turtle with Plan A. 8)
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Return to The Cloakroom