Mark Morriss (aka singer out The Bluetones)

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Mark Morriss (aka singer out The Bluetones)

Postby tex » 19th Feb 06, 19:53

Maybe not the most popular band round these parts (or round many parts anymore), but I feel a connection with Ginger's lyrics and Mark Morriss' lyrics.

Just came back from the Glasgow Barfly seeing Mark doing a solo, acoustic show and it was very much in the same vein as Ginger does. A lot of banter (both very funny guys), few oldies, few newies, chuck in a couple covers and you have a fantastic show!!!

Also, he finished up with a pitch perfect rendition of The Needle and the Damage Done!!

Awesome!!

Honestly, if you don't know them, The Bluetones are a very fine, underrated band!!
Just ignore all the britpop crap they got saddled with in the mid-ninties, they are far above all that sh1t!!!
tex

Postby mister » 22nd Feb 06, 17:25

I've not seen Mark solo before, but i've seen The Bluetones a few times!
mister

Postby Glen666 » 22nd Feb 06, 21:51

Yeah, I was into them for a bit. Return to the Last Chance Saloon is a great album.

I saw them at Reading 98 and they were terrible. Not good on a big stage. Kinda ruined it for me.
Glen666

Postby tex » 23rd Feb 06, 09:08

I caught them at a couple of T in the Park's too. And, yeah, I do agree, much better indoors on the smaller stages.
One good thing about thier drop in popularity (but not quality, I stress) is that for the fans still into them we get to see them up close and personal in places like the G2, the Barfly and the Liquid rooms.
tex

Return to The Cloakroom