« | Home | »

Scrubbed From Head To Foot

By Ginger | August 16, 2009

After finally reaching the hotel, complete with super stealth power shower, the battering removal of the grime of three days of farm life and trekking frees the mind to wander through a myriad of corridors, each storing memories, each promising a banquet of misplaced delights.

Singing Panic Beach around the campfire with Maria McKee, enjoying, for the first time ever, an acoustic show alone- sans accompaniment- to a hushed and reverent audience, eating delicious crawfish while wearing a paper hat and attempting to join in with Swedish drinking songs, enjoying a farewell lunch of home grown produce that makes the stuff they sell in supermarkets taste like McDonalds, Taylor riding a pony in the garden, a vegetarian restaurant that pick the stuff that morning and give you a plate of what they know you want to eat, our wonderful new friends, the awesome hostess that is Maria Anderberg, Taylor laughing at his first face to face with a cow, awesome schnapps and little woodland creatures falling asleep.

We left Mrs McKee with a birthday gift (that we miraculously found after 5 minutes of searching) and said goodbye last night. It’s also the last we’ll see of Maria A, Krystal and Esther for a while, all true treasures to a girl. Well miss you until next time.

The 6 hour train ride to Stockholm today to meet with Conny Bloom and discuss the set we will play on Monday will provide more invaluable memories. I hope Dregen will show up but we aren’t sure of he’ll be in town. Wonder what Stockholm is like in Summer? Hope we find a babysitter, and a laundrette.

Then we take an overnight boat trip to Finland, which I’m really looking forward to taking Taylor on, where I’ll be reunited with Michael Monroe to carve out some new tunes for a few days before embarking on a huge press day in Helsinki.

I’m busy and I’m clean, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

See you somewhere nice.

Gx

4 Responses to “Scrubbed From Head To Foot”

1. Debbie Vaughan Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 20:50

Methinks you’re getting spoilt – now don’t let it go to your head – but enjoy the experience. Just don’t forget the normal people, we’re clean too you know (and even busy sometimes)!!!!
    So happy for you really – see you soon xx

2. Hokan Says:
    August 16th, 2009 at 21:09

Hi Ginger! Do not forget my invitation for “lutfisk”
    around Christmas:-). Have a great time in Stockholm.

3. bunny Says:
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:25

I’d happily babysit but logistics with me in London is a prob. Have a fun day with the offspring šŸ™‚

4. JD Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 20:56

That’s an amazing experience, now if something like that could happen to me, jamming with Ginger on some WH songs. That would be a dream come true.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.