Ginger songs written for Alice Cooper

Everything else musical of Wildhearts and erstwildhearts origin.

Ginger songs written for Alice Cooper

Postby Peesh Junkster » 10th Mar 06, 15:33

Does anyone know if theres any evidence anywhere of the songs Ginger wrote for Alice Coopers' Brutal Planet Album around '99/00 ??? I think he wrote 3 songs which he recorded, but never got used for the Album!!! I cant remember the names exactly but I'm sure one has 'Frankenstien' in the title!!! Anyone care to enlighten me???

Cheers

Peesh :wink:
Peesh Junkster

Postby Ean » 10th Mar 06, 19:35

I think (and I'm sure someone'll correct me if I'm wrong) that the tapes with these songs were amongst those put up on ebay about 6 months ago (where beer for breakfast and If I was you I'd kiss me came from). It was all very legally dubious as to ownership of the tapes and I think lawyers got involved so god knows if we'll ever hear the songs.
Last edited by Ean on 18th Oct 06, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby davejnick » 10th Mar 06, 19:35

I'm sure this cropped up as one of the "Ask Ginger" questions on the website...but I can't remember what his answer was, and I'm too lazy to go and find it to give you a link :P
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Col » 11th Mar 06, 15:47

I read that you'd submitted some songs for the last Alice Cooper album, Brutal Planet. Did he use any of them?
Mike Roberts

No. I heard that he was going back to his roots to show these youngsters how to do it. Excited as hell, I wrote a few ditties for him. I was sadly gutted when I found out he was trying to be Marilyn Manson / Trent Reznor. Brutal Planet? It is when shite like that album is dished out by legends.

What happened to the songs you wrote for Alice Cooper? Is he going to use them on his new CD?
Scott Chamberlain

I don't think Alice Cooper even received the songs I recorded for him. Or maybe he just didn't like them... or even worse, he's trying to sound like an industrial goth bloke (barf). It was a simple case of 'if you want something doing, do it yourself', a lesson that one has to keep fucking up to learn. Who says being an idiot doesn't pay off?
Col

Re: Ginger songs written for Alice Cooper

Postby hiprlb » 14th Mar 06, 17:42

I cant remember the names exactly but I'm sure one has 'Frankenstien' in the title!!! Anyone care to enlighten me???

I know Zodiac Mindwarp wrote a song for Alice a few years back... "Feed My Frankenstein". I think Alice does a bit of it in the first Waynes World.

Reece
hiprlb

Postby Peesh Junkster » 15th Mar 06, 12:21

Yeah I remember that 'Feed My Frankenstien' but I seem to remember reading the titles of the songs Ginger wrote for Alice Cooper in an old (Silver)Ginger Says'!!!! I've had a spadge through some archives but cant seem to find owt :cry: Maybe I was dreaming :wink:
Peesh Junkster

Postby Glen666 » 15th Mar 06, 20:21

It's a shame. Alice Cooper is an absolute legend. Most people don't know the extent of his genius and only remember him for songs like Poison, Schools Out etc

If you delve into his 70's albums like From The Inside, Billion Dollar Babies, Killer and Welcome To My Nightmare, you'll find some of the greatest songs ever written.

Alice was going through a bit of a "NIN/Manson" phase around the time Ginger wrote these tracks, which was pretty awful, but his last two albums, The Eyes Of Alice Cooper and Dirty Diamonds, are well and truly back on track. Both great, buy them now!
Glen666

Postby hiprlb » 16th Mar 06, 08:48

I know what you mean, Alice stuff when Alice Cooper was still a band was excellent.
Saw the last tour and wasn't overly impressed... mind you, me being an original SMF he couldn't really follow Twisted Sister... who can?
Still plan to do Milton Keynes tho
Reece
hiprlb

ginger songs written for alice cooper

Postby idiottoast » 21st Mar 06, 23:18

Hello, the three songs that ginger wrote for alice cooper are, molly o` lindy(a modern love story), frankenstien 1932(a classic love story) and friction in my system. Frankenstien 1932 was recorded on the 16/1/99,dont know the dates for the other two,but i`m sure that they would have been done at the same session(s).Hope this info helps
idiottoast

Postby Lord Iffy Boatrace » 22nd Mar 06, 20:39

Glen666 wrote:It's a shame. Alice Cooper is an absolute legend. Most people don't know the extent of his genius and only remember him for songs like Poison, Schools Out etc

If you delve into his 70's albums like From The Inside, Billion Dollar Babies, Killer and Welcome To My Nightmare, you'll find some of the greatest songs ever written.

Alice was going through a bit of a "NIN/Manson" phase around the time Ginger wrote these tracks, which was pretty awful, but his last two albums, The Eyes Of Alice Cooper and Dirty Diamonds, are well and truly back on track. Both great, buy them now!

DaDa from 1983 is a very underrated classic as well imo.
I personally liked the Brutal Planet era, better than the etes of... and dirty diamonds in my book even tho they're both great too.

But you're right tho! Buy them now!
Lord Iffy Boatrace

Re: ginger songs written for alice cooper

Postby Peesh Junkster » 8th May 06, 19:19

idiottoast wrote:Hello, the three songs that ginger wrote for alice cooper are, molly o` lindy(a modern love story), frankenstien 1932(a classic love story) and friction in my system. Frankenstien 1932 was recorded on the 16/1/99,dont know the dates for the other two,but i`m sure that they would have been done at the same session(s).Hope this info helps

Ah nice one thanks! So I wasnt dreaming afterall :D

Any idea where to get hold of these recordings if theres any out there?????????
Peesh Junkster

Postby dyanetski » 11th May 06, 20:45

I have the lyrics, in handwriting (think its gingers) for friction in my system :D
dyanetski

Postby idiottoast » 15th May 06, 20:01

The three songs were all on one of the studio master tapes that were sold on ebay last august/september.There were lyrics for the songs as well,but for some reason the lyrics were seperated from the tape and sold off with some of the other tapes???.I reckon it was because the seller is a complete fool,i mean for fucks sake did he/she not even look at what they were selling,or could they not read.The winner of the auction won with a bid of £109,now i`d be pretty pissed off paying that much and not get the lyrics with the tape.As for if we`ll ever get to hear these songs,i`m keeping my fingers crossed.We all thought that we might never hear "beer for breakfast" and "if i were you i`d kiss me",until a promo c.d. with the songs on came up for auction on ebay, which i won,and shared with everyone.So hopefully they will surface.....one day :? .
idiottoast

Postby idiottoast » 15th May 06, 20:08

Nearly forgot, yep them lyrics are done in gingers very own handwriting.
idiottoast

Postby dyanetski » 16th May 06, 23:18

there you are then, i bought one of the other tapes and the lyrics were in it.
dyanetski

Next

Return to Other Wildhearts Related Bands