« | Home | »

New Album – Chutzpah! and UK Tour

By Kris | June 24, 2009

The Wildhearts announce details of new album ‘Chutzpah!’ plus a full UK September/ October Tour

The Wildhearts will return with their 9th studio album, Chutzpah!, on 31st August and head out on a full UK tour in September and October.

Recorded in Denmark with producer Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, The Bronx, The Storm) the band are adamant that the new album will be no ordinary Wildhearts record and is described by lead singer Ginger as “unlike any that we’ve made so far”. Bassist Scott Sorry added “This album is not only my favourite Wildhearts record, but it’s one of my favourite records to have ever been a part of”.

The track listing will run as follows:

1. The Jackson Whites
2. Plastic Jebus
3. The Only One
4. John Of Violence
5. You Are Proof That Not All Women Are Insane
6. Tim Smith
7. Low Energy Vortex
8. You Took The Sunshine From New York
9. Mazel Tov Cocktail
10. Chutzpah

The band has also been busy booking a UK headline tour which will include an appearance at Sonisphere festival on August 1st as well as a headline show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire.

17/09/09: Concorde 2, Brighton
18/09/09: O2 Academy, Bristol
19/09/09: Rock City , Nottingham
20/09/09: Waterfront, Norwich
21/09/09: Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth
22/09/09: Phoenix, Exeter
24/09/09: O2 Academy 2, Birmingham
25/09/09: The Sugarmill, Stoke-On-Trent
26/09/09: Cockpit, Leeds
27/09/09: Garage, Glasgow
28/09/09: O2 Academy, Newcastle
30/09/09: Club Academy, Manchester
01/10/09: Shepherds Bush Empire, London

Lead singer Ginger said:

“It’s always great to play to Wildhearts crowds, they really are the best crowd in the world. We are a very lucky band in that respect, and we never take it for granted. This time we’ll be promoting the new album which has Scott and CJ singing lead vocals too, so I’ll be in heaven being able to take a break from f***ing singing all the time. I can’t wait to see people’s reaction to the new material”.

The Wildhearts’ album ‘Chutzpah!’ is released on 31st August on Backstage Alliance and is distributed through Cargo.

Comments are closed.