« | Home | »

Understanding Jane – Preview Song on MySpace

By Kris | April 21, 2008

‘Understanding Jane’, originally by The Icicle Works, is the first song being exclusively previewed on The Wildhearts MySpace site from the the forthcoming “Stop Us If You’ve Heard This One Before Vol 1” Wildhearts covers album.

Some words from Ginger & Scott about the song.

Ginger:

This song was the blueprint for My Baby Is A Headfuck. I love Ian McNabb’s vocals and lyrics. His solo albums are also amazing (check out his first, self titled solo release). I had imagined we’d do a great version of this song as it has The Wildhearts stamped all over it. Hey, we only copy the best.

Scott:

How could you not want to cover this song? I’ve tried to write this song a thousand times. When a band can write a song with the same chords and structure that you’ve heard 1000 times before, and STILL make the hairs on your arm stand up…. learn everything you can from them.

A new song will be previewed each Monday on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/thewildhearts) until the album release on the 19th May.

Also, a reminder to check out the new ‘Revolution Will Be Televised’ video at YouTube

Comments are closed.