ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Favourite songwriter

Postby Mick G » 19th Dec 08, 16:48

Hello Ginger!
I'd be interested to know which tracks, from the entirety of your recorded output, do you consider the best songs you ever wrote?

I'll have a stab and vote for:

1. The Man Who Cheated Death (Valor)
2. Everlone
3. 29 x The Pain
4. Greeting from Shitsville
5. Miles Away Girl

Very difficult to narrow down to just five out of a huge collection of bona fide classic songs, so I've had to be brutal.

But these songs stand up against anything, anywhere, by anyone, and have a very special place in my heart. They are also the most played songs of my adult life, so deserve their place for that alone!
Last edited by Mick G on 22nd Jan 09, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Mick G

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 19th Jan 09, 21:47

Hey Ginger, firstly i really enjoyed the "Wildhearts in the studio" dvd.

I've recently just finished watching the Lamb Of God dvd "Walk with me in hell", it's a 2 disc (5 and a half hour) monster of a package. There's one documentary on the making of the last album which clocks in at 1 and a bit hours. Then there's the 2 hour documentary following the band touring the globe in support of their album. With extra's including deleted scenes, their full Download performance, music video etc. The documentaries cover live performances, personal lives, travelling, doing press, drinking, arguing, downtime, just about every facet of being in a band.

All in all, a great few hours viewing.

So, here's the question - have the Wildhearts ever considered doing anything as comprehensive as this???
Rancidpunk_76

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 15th Mar 09, 00:06

Did you have any idea that 29 x The Pain would be so popular when you recorded it?

If you were writing 29 x The Pain today, would you include any other band references?
Jason_scorching_past

Postby geordierussell » 15th Mar 09, 01:21

Noo,then bonny lad. Other than Ginger, have you had any other nicknames? Cheers Plum Toes.
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby WiredOut » 15th Apr 09, 21:36

This thing still going?

Er, that wasn't my actual question. :)

But since it's put us at disorientation stations in another thread, who is the Palmer credited as a co-writer of Lovebank?

Thanks.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 21st Apr 09, 11:45

Rumour is, The WIldhearts won't be at Download this year - so my question is could you play Sonisphere instead please??

(Don't bother with the Reading festival, the lineup is shat-tastic and you'd be wasted on that crowd.
Rancidpunk_76

Postby nuno75 » 21st Apr 09, 21:50

What kind of hoops will I have to jump through to include my cover of "Caffeine Bomb" on my independently produced album?
nuno75

Postby frisbee deathcode » 12th May 09, 12:48

Any chance you can blag your way onto the bill for the AC/DC summer stadium shows Ginger ?
frisbee deathcode

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 12th Jun 09, 00:56

Just heard that Bjorn Again have been confirmed for the Sonisphere festival, any chance you could arrange for Tragedy to be there too???
Rancidpunk_76

Postby tex » 5th Aug 09, 13:39

Were you wearing any shreddies under your kilt at Sonisphere? My girlfriend wants to know........ (she hopes not!!)
Did you lie to us, Tony?
tex

Postby davejnick » 7th Oct 09, 19:40

1 - If you were a vegetable, what one would you be?
2 - What's the weirdest gift you've ever been given by a fan?
3 - Marry, fuck, kill - Maggie Thatcher, Cherie Blair, Sarah Palin?
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby WiredOut » 15th Oct 09, 11:02

If all 4 Wildhearts were trapped in an isolated cabin for a year, who would be the first to go mad, build an army by drawing faces on all the teaspoons and then declare himself the King of the Bathroom?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Mackie » 3rd Jun 10, 06:54

wanna tell a young Canadian to man up and get shit done?
Mackie

Postby Ginger » 3rd Jun 10, 12:02

Gonna start answering these things. Sorry it's taken so long. Phew...right, I'm going in.

<< by shadow » 29th Nov 08, 00:35

with such a long lasting and extensive(as in lots happening overseas) resurgance in the wildhearts fortunes is there any chance of any GATSC or even better GINGER solo projects in the near future close to home(as in not overseas)?>>

I'm actually putting a new band together with Chris McCormack and Denzil, with some very interesting names being put forward for bassist. This will take some time to organise, seeing as it'll be arranged around our respective schedules, but believe me this will be a stunning new project.

<< by Mackie » 17th Dec 08, 01:08

I've heard tracii guns is a huge jerk to work with. Is that true? Also, seeing as you're on the road a lot, how do you feel about long distance relationships?>>

Tracii is a great guy and an amazing guitarist, as well as a brilliant dad. We clashed due to a ton of personal circumstances, most of them mine, but we get along great now.
Long distance relationships have as much, or as little, chance of lasting as any. It really depends on how cool the people are.

<< by Mick G » 19th Dec 08, 16:48

Hello Ginger!
I'd be interested to know which tracks, from the entirety of your recorded output, do you consider the best songs you ever wrote?

I'll have a stab and vote for:

1. The Man Who Cheated Death (Valor)
2. Everlone
3. 29 x The Pain
4. Greeting from Shitsville
5. Miles Away Girl

Very difficult to narrow down to just five out of a huge collection of bona fide classic songs, so I've had to be brutal.

But these songs stand up against anything, anywhere, by anyone, and have a very special place in my heart. They are also the most played songs of my adult life, so deserve their place for that alone!>>

I'm always fondest of the material I'm currently working on. I tend to be 'done' with the songs once they're made public property. There are sets of words I'm very proud of at the time (like 'Inside Out) or pieces of music I feel close to (like 'Tenants'), but I usually like to leave the criticism/praise for the listener. The songs belong to them once they leave the studio!
Ginger

Postby Ginger » 3rd Jun 10, 12:33

<< by Rancidpunk_76 » 19th Jan 09, 21:47

Hey Ginger, firstly i really enjoyed the "Wildhearts in the studio" dvd.

I've recently just finished watching the Lamb Of God dvd "Walk with me in hell", it's a 2 disc (5 and a half hour) monster of a package. There's one documentary on the making of the last album which clocks in at 1 and a bit hours. Then there's the 2 hour documentary following the band touring the globe in support of their album. With extra's including deleted scenes, their full Download performance, music video etc. The documentaries cover live performances, personal lives, travelling, doing press, drinking, arguing, downtime, just about every facet of being in a band.

All in all, a great few hours viewing.

So, here's the question - have the Wildhearts ever considered doing anything as comprehensive as this???>>

For years I've wanted to put together the miles of footage of the band filmed from 1994/5 onwards. The problem has always been finding someone with the time to sift through and edit the rushes. Usually when I can't find someone for the job the task tends to fall on me, so I'm learning how to edit in preparation for a mammoth Wildhearts DVD to come out sometime before I die or go blind. I wouldn't wait patiently for it, but I would believe that it will, one day, actually happen.

<< by Jason_scorching_past » 15th Mar 09, 00:06

Did you have any idea that 29 x The Pain would be so popular when you recorded it?

If you were writing 29 x The Pain today, would you include any other band references?>>

Obviously, seeing as it was a B-side, I had no idea that anyone would even pick it out of the mass of B-sides we've recorded, let alone insist that it be played every gig, to huge audience participation to boot. There have been tons of band in the last 10 years that I would feature in a re-write, although in actuality there are tons of bands I love from back in the day that never made it into the song, such was the attention to the lyrics at the time!

<< by geordierussell » 15th Mar 09, 01:21

Noo,then bonny lad. Other than Ginger, have you had any other nicknames? Cheers Plum Toes.>>

My Mothers 2nd husband was named Smith, so I used to get Ginger Smith when I was a kid, before it was abbreviated to simply Ginger. I think that's about it really.
Ginger

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat