The Yo-Yo's Singles

Everything else musical of Wildhearts and erstwildhearts origin.

The Yo-Yo's Singles

Postby floyd » 19th Nov 09, 00:20

Can anyone help me out with a list of all the singles released by the yo yo's ,plus b-sides?
Sure i am missing something.
Thanks
floyd

Postby Col » 19th Nov 09, 00:29

Col

Postby floyd » 19th Nov 09, 00:38

Cheers for that, maybe im not missing anything then! Nothing released from Given up giving up again?
floyd

Postby Col » 19th Nov 09, 00:43

Not sure if Given up was actually an EP or album.
Col

Postby floyd » 19th Nov 09, 00:50

me neither, but wiki says......An extended play (EP) is a vinyl record, CD, or music download which contains more music than a single, but is too short to qualify as an LP. Usually, a CD single has around 10–28 minutes of music, an EP has up to 36 minutes, and an album generally has 30–80 minutes. Mini-LPs generally contain 20–30 minutes of music.[1] In the United Kingdom, the Official Chart Company defines a cut off between EP and album classification at 25 minutes length or four tracks (plus alternative versions of featured songs).

reading that again i guess its a EP! :lol:
floyd

Postby Kyukyuichi » 19th Nov 09, 04:53

Hello

I don't have their Subpop singles club issue of Time Of Your Life 7" - is it still available somewhere?

And I would like to know is : the version of Time Of Your Life on this 7" is different from their later issue CD/7" ? Also how's the quality of b-side 7 Shades Of Blue?

Thanks in advance
Kyukyuichi

Postby Col » 19th Nov 09, 16:56

Col

Postby cjrodwell » 20th Nov 09, 07:04

I've got a four track CDR promo from before they were signed to SubPop. I'm not sure how many of these are about though as I have only ever seen or heard of the one that I have.

It features pre SubPop recordings of Time Of Your Life & Head Over Heels as well as the single versions of Rumble(d) and Too Lazy To Bleed.

1. Time Of Your Life
2. Head Over Heels
3. Rumble(d)
4. Too Lazy To Bleed

I miss the Yo-Yo's :(
cjrodwell

Postby IceMan » 20th Nov 09, 19:50

I collected all The Yo-Yo's b-sides and made my own CD of them, they are:

Hey Tonight
Rock City
Got It Good Got It Bad
Back To Feeling Fine
Seven Shades Of Blue
5 x Saturday Night
Stockholm Sick Blues
I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend/Get On Your Knees

Plus:
Brand New Bag Of Smack/Keepin' On Keepin' On (live from an MP3 online)
You Got Me Out Of My Mind (early version)
1000 Miles Away From Here (early version)
Home From Home (early version)
Too Lazy To Bleed (early version)

I took the vinyl tracks, ripped them, tidied the clicks away and saved them onto CD.

[**Part of this post has been removed due to a breach of Board Filesharing rules**]
IceMan

Postby IceMan » 20th Nov 09, 19:56

Oh yeah, the full collection is:

CD Singles:

You Got Me Out Of My MInd - on Rebound
1. You Got Me Out Of My Mind
2. 1000 Miles Away From Here
3. Home From Home

Rumble(d) - on Rebound
1. Rumble(d)
2. Hey Tonight
3. Too Lazy To Bleed

Time Of Your Life - on Sub Pop
1. Time Of Your Life
2. Rock City
3. Got It Good Got It Bad

Sunshine Girl - on Sub Pop
1. Sunshine Girl
2. 5 x Saturday Night
3. Stockholm Sick Blues

Vinyl singles:

Time Of Your Life - on Sub Pop (singles club)
1. Time Of Your Life
2. Seven Shades Of Blue

Time Of Your Life - on Sub Pop
1. Time Of Your Life
2. Back To Feeling Fine

Sunshine Girl - on Sub Pop
1. Sunshine Girl
2. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend/Get On Your Knees

Album/EPs:
Uppers And Downers
Given Up Giving Up
IceMan

Postby Kyukyuichi » 20th Nov 09, 20:05

cjrodwell wrote:I've got a four track CDR promo from before they were signed to SubPop. I'm not sure how many of these are about though as I have only ever seen or heard of the one that I have.

It features pre SubPop recordings of Time Of Your Life & Head Over Heels as well as the single versions of Rumble(d) and Too Lazy To Bleed.

1. Time Of Your Life
2. Head Over Heels
3. Rumble(d)
4. Too Lazy To Bleed

I think "Time Of Your Life" on your CDR (Yellow Typed sleeve by T2 management I think) is different version from Subpop "Uppers & Downers" album version.

That's why I would like to know if "Time Of Your Life" on Subpop singles club issue 7" is same "U&D" version or not....
Kyukyuichi

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 22nd Nov 09, 23:46

Kyukyuichi wrote:
cjrodwell wrote:I've got a four track CDR promo from before they were signed to SubPop. I'm not sure how many of these are about though as I have only ever seen or heard of the one that I have.

1. Time Of Your Life
2. Head Over Heels
3. Rumble(d)
4. Too Lazy To Bleed

I think "Time Of Your Life" on your CDR (Yellow Typed sleeve by T2 management I think) is different version from Subpop "Uppers & Downers" album version.

That's why I would like to know if "Time Of Your Life" on Subpop singles club issue 7" is same "U&D" version or not....
1. Time Of Your Life
2. Head Over Heels
3. Rumble(d)
4. Too Lazy To Bleed

All four of those songs on the 'Time Of Your Life' single are earlier recordings than the ones which appeared on the 'Uppers & Downers' album. I think some of them are actually better than the album versions.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby cjrodwell » 23rd Nov 09, 07:25

Kyukyuichi wrote:

Yes they are the same version
cjrodwell

Postby piesJoy » 11th Dec 09, 18:57

i miss the yo yo's. 'uppers' was a good album, and i never got a chance to see them live.
piesJoy

Postby Nickinvincible » 13th Dec 09, 13:19

Sunshine Girl is the only single I'm missing I think. I miss 'em too, I remember meeting them a few times at the Spotted Dog pub in Willesden. They were well nice, Bladz was well cool to us little fanboys. I seem to remember Danny featured that pub in Kerrang!'s 'Bands in their local pub' feature, and he invited us down when they were doing the photoshoot it was pretty cool.

Still well rate Uppers and Downers, it's prob my favourite WH spin off album (and yes I know that's a whole other discussion thread!!! :lol: )
Nickinvincible

Next

Return to Other Wildhearts Related Bands