Wildhearts Covers Album Videos

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wildhearts Covers Album Videos

Postby Radish » 14th Feb 08, 15:44

Just had a thought while having a late lunch wander. With the covers album possibly out this year, I got to thinking that it might be cool to do cover versions of videos to go with it, or the singles at least. I'm (probably) not talking about covering the videos of the songs that are covered (not knowing the track listing kind of hampers discussing that anyway), but rather just covering a video that kind of fits with the Wildhearts style(s) and slotting any old song in to it (think Caffeine Bomb song in a Girls Aloud video or something).
It'd be unlikely to ever happen unless you've got the money to pay for rights etc (which I'm guessing would be complicated with bands, directors, producers, record companies and agents involved) but I like the idea of paying tribute to videos a band admires in a similar way to paying tribute to a song by covering it.
So, any suggestions for videos that would be good With A Wild Touch (ignoring budget implications naturally, sod reality!)? First up, and as it happened to random it's way on to my ipod, how about 'Breathe' by the Prodigy (maybe even a chance for a bit of Wildies history 'hidden' in it, with a scuzzy oil-filled bath tub in the background with a scorpion and a millipede on it)? Or 'Buddy Holly' by Weezer, substituing the Happy Days cast/setting for Shameless or Spaced or something. 'Baggy Trousers' by Madness? 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana? And one for us lot, 'Just a Day' by Feeder?
I'm sure you lot can come up with some more metally vids... 8)
Radish

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat